Saturday, August 18, 2007

Perfect Fall day, in August

Right now, it is cloudy and 69 out, and I could not be in a better mood. I really do not enjoy warm Sunny days, I adore the clouds, the slightly cool air and the look of rain. Often I've been told to move to Seattle or London, but I'm stuck in Chicago.
Just to add to the perfection of the atmosphere, I've been listening to LOT of Sufjan Stevens, whom I really enjoy. I was raised on bad hippie music and the Marine corp band, Sufjan is like the best of both, but for indie rock kids (and moms). The quiet melodies and gentle harmonies make for a perfect Saturday. The lyrics are mostly kid friendly ie no swears, not to mention there is a mandolin on every album. I really like the Illinois album and Avalanche, the outtakes, but I know more than most about IL and it seems do does Sufjan.

The day is to short to spend at a computer, I'm off to light a candle and make Irish Breakfast Tea, loose leaf, of course. There are many books to read to the kiddies, and I best take advantage of the mysterious force that is a cloudy day.

No comments: