Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm not sure how St. Josemaria would feel...

But it made me groan. I would hope that he would prefer Caffeinated! I love coffee, probably way to much, enough that I fast from it sometimes, and it is a big deal (thank God for tea on those days!). I really try to only buy Fair Trade Coffee. A few years back I got hooked on the brand that benefits Catholic Relief Services projects, and decided my vice should help someone. Starbucks is to expensive, and only benefits Starbucks share holders, But Brands like Equal Exchange, and Benevolent Blends, help the farmers, and their families. So drink up and Help the mission of the Church!

8 comments:

chestertonian said...

Holy cats! I think on that one, it would be better to punt than to pun, lol.

Hey Deb, are you in Opus Dei? I ask because I am, and I couldn't help but notice that pic of the Madonna & Child bas relief in your rail is from the Marian shrine at Shellbourne, in Indiana. :-)

Deb said...

That is the one and the same Virgin and Child. It got smooshed a bit when I posted it.I'm not a member, I'm a cooperator. I go to Shellbourne every spring, usually, though. I really love Opus Dei.

chestertonian said...

I love it too. I am a supernumerary and have been in the Work for, mm, 11 years now. Every day is an adventure. :-)

I don't get up to Shellbourne every year. I live down in Springfield, Ill, and sometimes make my retreats at a conference center south of St. Louis. It's not an Opus Dei center, but the priets come from our center in St. Louis.

mjl said...

Can we start other blends? Maybe the Franciscan blend, Dominican blend, Jesuit blend?

Deb said...

Well, they have a coffee called St. Benedict's Blend, and one that's simply called Bernard of Clairvaux, so that would cover the Benedictine's and Cistercians. Sometimes catchy is just tacky.

chestertonian said...

Let's not forget that delectable drink, cappuccino, which comes to us courtesy of the Cappuccins. :-)

What would happen if you mixed Jesuit blend with Opus Dei-Caf? Do we even want to know? ;-)

And what sort of coffee do mad, murderous, albino monks drink?

Deb said...

I think if you mix the two it might result in some sort of explosion, steer clear of the French Press, coudl be dangerous.

chestertonian said...

LOL!!!

We'd also have to have a Vatican Politics blend, "specially formulated to turn the stomach of any faithful Catholic."

;-)