Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to School!

Every year I think it will take us 6-7 hours to get school done, every year we are done by 1:30. I'm so glad we are back at school, it has been a really fun week so far.We're trying some new books, and this is the first year I legally have to school 2 kids. It is really nice to have a child BEG to do school at 6:30am, as he catches me running out the door to mass. It is almost sad to ask him to wait!
Today is also our School feast day, Mary Queen of Heaven. Our school is Queen of all Saints, so close enough. We are making cupcakes, Being Catholic is always a cause for celebration, and I can find a religious reason for baking almost every day!

I'm preparing a second child to receive our Lord in the Sacrament of First Holy Communion. Each child is so different. My first just "knew" everything, all the answers, this child is very natural, he never knows the "answers" but he knows how to live them. I love hearing him tell his little brother to do his work, because work well done pleases God. That is not something the older child would think of on her own.

We also have been enjoying some Father Brown stories as a family, it is nice, we can "edit" as needed for the kids. They really enjoy the mysteries. We also got a kid's version of Midsummer night's dream, for our Shakespeare unit in History. I love Homeschooling! I learned how to make water bombs from paper this week, very popular with the boys, and really fun to make.

No comments: