Sunday, May 25, 2008

This weekend I saw people

Okay, dumb title, but true. I got to see, and spend time with some of the loveliest people around. The ILCHC was held this weekend, and it was the place to be, if you are a Catholic blogger, or related to one.

I saw the parents of Sean over at Blue Boar, who always used his middle name, which I found cute, but it made me wonder what kind of a child he was! Then I got to meet John at Lunch Break's very lovely wife and adorable baby. Next up was Maureen Wittmann and her beautiful daughters, who sold me a book I've been reading since I got home. Then of course, there was Regina Doman, of House Art Journal, whose books my daughter and I are fighting over, I want them first! I'm sure there are a few I've missed. It was great conference, one of the best I've been to locally.

I met SO many wonderful people, I forgot HOW MUCH I really thrive on being around lots of different people. I was so fortunate to be able to work for CHC this weekend and meet so many. I loved how many people I already knew, but hadn't seen in years. My husband, who helped me out, is convinced I either knew everyone there, or knew someone that they knew. He keep teasing me that that old Kevin Bacon game could be played with me. I beg to differ, but I can't help being social!

All in all it was a great weekend, oh, I got a ton of books, too, but stayed in my budget, which thankfully was pretty high this year. I'll post about some of the books I got later, quite a few are newer and look really interesting.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

And it was nice to see you Deb!

chestertonian said...

I saw the parents of Sean over at Blue Boar, who always used his middle name, which I found cute, but it made me wonder what kind of a child he was!

You had to be ready to deny everything if the fire engines suddenly showed up, lol.