Thursday, May 1, 2008

So I got a bit carried away, is that a problem?

We have a half dozen friends' kids receiving Our Sweet Lord for the first time this weekend.Therefore we have about that many parties to attend and bring gifts to. Usually I buy books for kids for First communion gifts, but this year, I felt inspired. I made Rosary Bracelets for the girls. I've made rosaries for people in the past, and can churn out a bracelet in 30 minutes. It's not super labor intensive, but I usually end up wounded by the wire, so it is a labor of love.

This time, I got a bit carried away, and figure since I had the jewelry making box out, why stop. 4 pairs of earrings, 2 necklaces and a bracelet later, I stopped. I guess I was bored, or maybe it was me tapping into that artistic vibe of old that flairs up every once in a while. I did design my wedding band 11 years ago, and people still comment on how lovely it is. Anyone need earrings? I think I have a few too many now, and I have pearls I bought and will be making something with later this week.

No comments: