Tuesday, May 20, 2008

15 years

Today is a momentous day for my husband and I, we have "officially" been together for 15 years. I say officially, because my husband and I dated long before we officially dated. I remember the day very well, it was the last concert of the season I had to sing, and the first one he came to. The poor guy never liked madrigals. He asked me to "officially" be his girlfriend, in a 1957 Studebaker President, and sealed the deal with a kiss. After that, there was no turning back, we both already knew we would spend our lives together. I always suspected he did not make it official sooner because he wanted to be sure we would last forever, and at 17, he needed a few months, and an eighteenth birthday to decide.

We measure our lives, BC, before Chris, for me and AD, after Deb, for him.We've only been married almost 11 years,. but our life together began well before the rings were on our fingers. I cherish everyone of the days of the last 15 years. Some have been hard, like the days we spent apart when I was pregnant and hospitalized, but most have been fun, like our past weekend, camping. I look so forward to the next 50 years, I cannot imagine my life without Chris, my best friend, my true love, my husband.

No comments: