Thursday, May 8, 2008

Disapointment, Here we come!

I posted a while back at Love2Learn Movies about a new version of Brideshead Revisited coming out soon. The trailer is now available. As I had heard rumored, the film is completely different. It has lost it faith, one might say.

I went to public high school in the 90's, we never read quality literature, so the first time I was introduced to Brideshead, it was at a doctrine class I was attending. The woman giving the class was so moved by the book, she encouraged all of us to read it and see the BBC version. She labeled it as the best conversion story ever. I tend to agree. I read Brideshead a while later, and was pulled into the story, it was just beautifully written. The end, made me cry. I still analyze the meaning of it all.

I'll probably see the new film, but only after I re-read the book, and enjoy the beauty of the written word, and the beauty of the truth.

No comments: