Friday, January 25, 2008

I could kiss my mail man

As I was running out the door to sit through a 3.5 hour band dress rehearsal with my daughter, the mail mail left me a little present, MY GILBERT! JOY!!! Not that going out in below zero weather to sit through a concert I have to go to again tonight would be tedious, it just that I have to not talk to my momma friends and sit still. I'm a bit hyper as an adult and sitting still and quiet can be a challenge sometimes, especially when I'm freezing cold. Did I mention I could not bring my trusty mug of hot coffee or tea?! But, alas, I had my Gilbert to keep me happy. And that it did. I finally got to sit and read an issue without multitasking, no dinner being prepared while reading this time! I did stop reading once in a while to find out if my child was sitting still and not talking as well(she was not, like mother like daughter).

I barely noticed the time fly or the extreme cold, well, the later was more noticeable as I read about Mr. Alquist's trip to a much warmer state, CA. but he, too lives in the bitter midwest, so all is fair. All in all the evening was much improved my good reading material, and tha fact that the homeschool band is playing a Danny Elfman piece, the Batman Theme.We won't tell them that he was in a rock band before he started composing for the movies, oooh, better not mention the Simpsons, either. Tonight's concert will be great, and having not seen the bulk of the prep for it , I will better enjoy hearing all the results.

1 comment:

Nancy C. Brown said...

Yeah for Gilbert! Yeah for mailmen! Yeah for homeschool bands!