Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Need an attitude adjustment,.....Try Confession.

I finally got to confession, and a priest was there! Yippie! It is amazing what a 15 minute act can do to life's outlook. The snow outside just seemed brighter and cheerier after a visit to the confessional. I go often, really, but it had been a long stretch due to various holidays, illnesses, the priest not coming. It seemed like an eternity, even though it was a relatively short period of time, in the big scope of things.

I love when you can feel the effects of being free from sin. Life is just happier. I had a sink full of gross dishes, that just seemed more enjoyable to wash. All the little contradictions are so much easier to bear when we have that grace. I went for several years without confession during my "not-a-good-Catholic years" in late High school and college. What a mistake, I needed the grace most of all then! If there is one thing I can say, dear reader, is go to confession, often, you will never regret it. Life is much better with grace.

No comments: