Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Politics

You will not find me talking about politics much. I believe in voting in the best way to follow Church teaching across the board. I also realize that that can be done in several ways, depending on who you are, formation, etc.. So usually my friends and I can get into rather heated discussions about politics, therefore, I avoid the subject.

It is important to know if those we are voting for mean what they say. It is easy to say, "I'm for/against XYZ" and but never do anything about it. It is easy for them to "change" their beliefs, based on what people want to hear. I heard about a website, www.issues2000.org, that you can look up candidates, or current office holder and how they vote, or what they have said on "issues". I love this site, it is not based on party, or one issue, but is easy to use and very concise.

It is worth looking into what all of the candidates support, and how their view may have changed as the election draws nearer. Thank you to Sheila Liaugminas, fellow Illinois-ian for responding so quickly to my email asking for this website.

No comments: