Thursday, December 18, 2008

Radiators are NOT funny

Especially at Mass. 

In my feeble efforts to pray the O, Antiphons, I've been dragging wee ones with me to daily mass this week. We go to a very old church for daily mass, and said church has beautifully covered radiators. You cannot see them, as they are hidden, so it is much harder for kiddies to get injured. This does not mean they are not there, as I found out today. During the Consecration, the silence of the church was slightly broken by the hissing of the radiator. Leave it to my middle guy to take notice. "Mom, is that a giant tea-kettle" he asks, "Shhh, later" mom responds. "No wait, it sounds like a plan crashing!" he adds louder, at this his sister bursts out laughing. So much for the silence. If it ended there, I would have been fine, but Noooo, of course it couldn't! We went to communion, and as we sat back down, the hissing had increased in volume, middle guy cracks up, loudly. I hid, and place his head into my shirt, to muffle the sound, but then, it gets worse. I cannot hold back the laughter myself. His laugh is magical, it makes me laugh, then his sister returns, laughing, of course. Ugh, no where to hide! It took all the lip biting in the world to not cause a major scene. Why, oh, why did the radiator have to make so much hysterical sound??? 

No comments: