Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

It is very cold and very icy here in beautiful Chicago-ish land. In a matter of 6 1/2 hours the temperature went from 47 degrees to a wind chill of -20 degrees. I cannot figure it out. I've lived here my whole life, yet, the weather still confuses me. Chicago weather is notorious for being unpredictable, to the point that my little son asked, "Mommy, why does the weather man always lie". Poor Tommy Skilling, our locally famous weather guy, accused of telling lies by a 4 year old. 

Ice has its beauty, as well. We have not had enough days of freezing temps for the rivers to ice over, but last year I snapped this. Even in the harsh cold, God gives us little gifts of beauty to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is really awesome!

Deb said...

And in real life, it was so much more beautiful!