Thursday, September 27, 2007

We use technology for good, not evil.

I found this particularly interesting, Families Against PP has been really savvy with its use of the Internet.

I guess I will keep my cruddy Verizon Phone contract another year, and will write them a note to tell them how I support their policy.

h/t: Sheila Liaugminas

UPDATE: So much for the note I was going to send...

According to the Internet Broadcasting Systems/Associated Press, also this morning:
Verizon Wireless has reversed course and will allow NARAL Pro-Choice America to use its mobile network for a sign-up text messaging program.
Company spokesman Jeffrey Nelson said the decision not to allow text messaging was incorrect.
Nelson had said Wednesday that abortion was among topics barred from mass distribution based on the company's code of content.
However, the code was developed before text-messaging became a mass-market phenomenon.
NARAL lets people sign up to receive its text messages by keying in a message to a five-digit number.

No comments: