Friday, August 20, 2010

Party Pooper

I am officially a party pooper. A party I helped plan, I decided not to attend. The reality is I am freaking tired.

I’m tired because I work, and I plan and I drive my kids all over the earth. Up till this point, I’ve attempted to make time for everyone and everything, however, that is not working very well any more. Tonight, I said no. I need to stay in, and I might do so again tomorrow, even though friends are trying to guilt me to go out. I can’t. Heck, I’m not sure it is even safe for me to drive, my eyes are heavy, my reflexes are slow.

School begins in a few days, this year we have decided as a family to say no, to not over commit. The summer was insane, and honestly, we do not want to live like this. I hope we can. Pressure from out side of the house is tremendous. I long for a simpler life, with more focus, but know people will be hurt along the way to that. How is it possible in thsi age to say no, and not to offend? That, I will have to figure out.

No comments: