Monday, August 31, 2009

Pining

My husband is out of town, no biggie, I know, husbands travel all the time. Mine doesn't though. We have been together for 17 years this fall, if you count our first "date", senior year homecoming. During that time, we haven't been apart for more than 48 hours, even during the 3 months I was in the hospital on pregnancy induced bedrest. I'm pretty much lost without him.

For years, I was a proud feminist, who needs a man, right? Then I met Chris, who I needed more than anything in my life, next to God. He made me realize what being a woman really is, and it didn't involve man hating. He made me stronger, wiser and showed me who I really could be. He brought me back to the faith of my baptism.

I need him to tell my silly ideas, he still seems interested in my rants about well, everything, he is the only one here who ever says they like my cooking. I miss telling him about all the kids antics, due to time differences and busy schedules, we have only been able to share a few short texts. When he is here, I do not need an alarm clock, he wakes me every morning, just before the alarm disturbs my dreams.

I'm sure I sound silly, but the truth is I really love my husband, and miss him so much it hurts. It is only 6 days, but it seems like forever.

No comments: