Friday, January 9, 2009

Dressing the pre-teen

This is my dilemma of the week. My 10 year old is 5'4" and therefore cannot wear kid's clothes. She loves skirts. But, have you seen the skirts this season??? My husband refers to them as glorified belts. Thankfully my daughter isn't fond of them, but we have not been able to find her skirts she likes. This is the problem, she wants to look modern and a bit trendy, but not cheap, she wants to be modest, but not Amish. Where is the happy medium, and where can I buy it! I've tried the thrift shops, but the ones by my home are gross. I've shopped and shopped, and only come home with one skirt. 
Pants are not much better. She likes jeans, but again, this year, they are not right. The tight look is in, and she hates tight. Again, she wants to look young but wants to dress modestly. Ugh, why is it so hard to find clothes that are cute, modern and modest?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Have you tried Lands End? There is even an outlet near you. I like them, they are modest and the sizes run big. Just a thought? (I, too, have the same problems with girl's clothes)

Deb said...

Sadly, we just outgrew the last of the Land's End girls clothes. The no longer looked good in the chestal region and were too short. I'm thinking the dear girl might have to go Amish for a couple years.