Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tired.

I'm tired, just plain old tired. I get up to early, stay up to late and have way to much to do each day. Something has to give. But What? I stay up late, because my husband works late, I get up early because I work early. I do too much because I trying to offer my kids the chance to be with friends, and to participate in the arts once in a while. 

Sure, I volunteer where I can, I could cut that out, but then, I'd have no adult interaction to look forward to. I write, but that only takes a few hours each month, if even that much. I could go to bed earlier, but I'd never see my husband, and I still rather like the old chap. Napping is not an option, I have a 4 year old boy, and he has an imaginary civilization

What exhausts me the most is the petty little things that happen in life, getting stuck in the middle of an argument, trying to keep the peace, and dealing with drama on many fronts. That is what I need to get rid of!! That, too, can not be gotten rid of, not matter how hard I try. My only option is prayer. Not just the quick morning offering I remember mid-shower, but serious contemplative prayer. Adoration. 

This week my parish is opening a beautiful brand new perpetual adoration chapel, and I have signed up for what I consider to be an ungodly hour. Please pray for me. I need this, not for me, but for all those who have to deal with me. I am honestly terrified that I will quit going in about 3 weeks when I decide to stay in my nice warm soft bed. It seems like a paradox that I can get refreshed by getting less rest, but it is one I am depending upon. 
"Beside restful waters he leads me;
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me in right paths
for his name's sake"
Psalm 23:1-2, Psalm for today.


No comments: