Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursdays are for Thankfulness

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. -Alphonse Karr

I've been thinking, as dangerous as that may be, about the state of the world. In that line of thought I've noticed far too many, myself included, are not thankful. From now until Thanksgiving, I hope to spend Thursdays expressing my thankfulness for everything I can think of. I encourage you to join in via the comments box.

I am thankful to have eyes that can see the trees changing colors, to have ears that hear the birds as they move south for the winter and mouth to praise God for both.

I am thankful to have 3 beautiful children who can drive me nuts, it is a gift to be able to have 3 people enough like me to help me see my flaws.

I am thankful for my husband, who loves me, and has been my best friend for 17 years now, I savor the early days and look forward to the future.

That's just a start, I could go on literally forever. Feel free to jump in!

No comments: