Monday, October 26, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY ...October 26, 2009

Outside my window... Wet, soggy leaves, and too many dead plants

I am thinking... I need a day of sunshine!

I am thankful for... A roof over my head, a good husband and 3 beautiful kids.

From the learning rooms... Lots of Young Indiana Jones notes from the WWI study

From the kitchen... A nice steaming hot mug of loose leaf tea

I am wearing... Chesterton Conference T-shirt, even though I didn't make it to the conference

I am creating... A scarf for hubby to scooter in.

I am going... to take dd to ballet, then to buy pants for the ever growing boys.

I am reading... Theology and Sanity, by Frank Sheed

I am hoping... This is a great week

I am hearing... Rain on the windows

Around the house... children are singing

One of my favorite things... Big orange pumpkins on the table, fresh picked by our farmer

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Too many dead plants here as well. That is the part of fall I don't really like
Have a good week!

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing your journal. I also have 3 kids like you do. Hope you have a great week. Blessings from my home to yours.

Love Bears All Things said...

My geranium and impatiens are still blooming. The Coleus and begonias have been touched by frost.
My back deck is covered in leaves from the Maple but the two Bradford Pears have not turned completely yet. I love the colors of the leaves. I do not like having them cover everything or being tracked inside on wet feet.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Mama Bear