Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Books for Lent

Lent and Easter in the Domestic Church 
We have had this book for years, and still really enjoy it. It is chocked full of ideas, recipes and crafts, not to mention the coloring pages. Much of it is available at this site.

I just got this, but I use the Advent counterpart. Chesterton happens to be my favorite author, however, if he does not float your boat( and given his girth, he might sink it!), there are many other options available in this series.  I love this series for the fact that each day's meditation consists of a writing from the author, a scriptural passage, a prayer and an action.

Again, something I try to use each year. The In Conversation series is a classic. Everyday the mediation is a springboard to prayer. The Gospel is reflected upon in each meditation, but in the light of the richness of the Catholic Faith,  writings of the Saints, Church councils and theologians are used in conjunction. 

Look for more tools for Lent in the coming weeks. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ordered the first one (along with one for Advent.) Thanks for the recommendation!

Deb said...

I have the Advent one as well, it is a great book.