Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saint Teresa Saves the Day!

Life has been rough here, long story short, I now have a little job, which is good, but the decision to find one took a lot out of me. Just when I thought I knew what was going on with life, plans changed a bit, as far as I can see for now. Every time I get used to an idea, or there seems to be a "plan" things change, and they keep changing, more on that another time.

What does that have to to with the esteemed Doctor of the Church you ask, she made me laugh and put it all in perspective. While I was sitting and pouting, repeating my favorite line from Jeremiah, "You duped me, Oh Lord, and I have allowed myself to be duped, you were too strong for me, and you triumphed" Now, I know my life is not the context of the twentieth book of Jeremiah, but, this is how I felt. Along comes St. Teresa to brighten the day. "(of God) If this is the way you treat your friends, it's no wonder you have so few" 

I have not laughed like I did in a while, I laughed till I cried, and they cried a bit too, just because I needed to. Again, I'm not a Saint, hopefully one day I will be, but let's all hope I have plenty of time to work on it. I feel so much better knowing the Saints were not always thrilled with the plan God set before them, or the constant change of plans, perhaps. 

But Teresa does not stop with this above mentioned moment of wit, or honesty as it may be, she silenced my blabbing heart.
Let nothing disturb you
Let nothing frighten you
Everything passes
God never changes
Patience obtains all
Whoever has God wants for nothing
God alone is enough.

~~ St. Teresa of Avila
Enough Said.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, try Mama Hen's blog, atahenspace.blogspot -- she has a great quote from St. Teresa at the top.

Marmee March (plus one)

Deb said...

That IS a great quote, thanks so much for visiting, I was getting lonely here.