Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Plague of Bad Behavior

I've been busy, but really wanted to comment on this. My poor husband had to hear me rant for almost an hour Easter night while watching the news. My first thought, Are these people idiots??? My second thought was one of pity, that one could be so uninformed, that they could not see the consistent church teaching and action on the War in Iraq.

Has our society completely lost a sense of respect for the sacred? I mean, it was Easter. It was the newly re-opened Cathedral. As one parishioner said, "there were children there". Obviously these "catholic school girls" need to go back for a better education. They clearly did not learn the meaning of charity, respect or reverence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One small correction: the war in Iraq is over, now it's an occupation. A dicey one, to be sure, but we've occupied other countries before.

Marmee March

Deb said...

Thank you for the correction. I agree, but I also look at it from the perspective of a sister with a brother who was in Iraq, for him, it was a war. For the record, I am and have been sternly against action in Iraq, enough do that I ruined friendships speaking out. My brother joined the army two months before Sept. 11. He joined to further his medical training. He has been abused, mistreated and taken advantage of by the army. That said, there is no excuse for disrupting Easter Day Mass to protest. There are plenty other ways.