Thursday, November 4, 2010

Planning for the Future

I was raised by a working mom, she always worked and was never home. It was hard for us, but it did instill in my the idea that women cannot sit and be still. I have a different take, My kids need me, but I have a little job, 8-12 hours per week, when my husband is home. Honestly, it is very fulfilling.

I can’t see myself at this job forever, though. I’m getting old(er). In ten years, I’ll be in my mid-forties, and my youngest will be in his late teens. As of now, there are no babies to need me. So, I’m trying to think of what I will do with the second half of my life. I gave my twenties and thirties to babies and raising children, but, they will leave me and I don’t handle idleness well.

What to do? I’m looking at what I can do in the near future, that will can become a career in ten years. I can’t fall back on what I did pre-kids. I was 23 when I left a computer company, they have since folded, and all I learned is out of date. I’m thinking of doing something that I can tie into my pro-life work. Anything I can do to help the moms at the pregnancy center will make my work even more enjoyable.

Pray for me, I know what I want to do, but I’m scared, I don’t handle change well, and the way things are unfolding, I know God’s hand is on all of this.

No comments: