Friday, March 13, 2009

Getting old stinks

The primary reason is you have to witness even older friends suffer the things that come with age. Yesterday, a woman I credit more than any other person with helping me become who I am, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I know this woman well enough to know she will embrace her cross with great joy, seeing God in her pain. That does not take away the worry I will have or the fear of losing her. Again my selfishness shows. It's all about me, my need for her. 

I was 13 when I met her, and threw up on her shoes. Nice intro, but she tenderly cared for me and drove me home from church. For some reason, God has let us keep in touch though my rough teen years, rebellious college days and the chaos of my life as a wife and mother. I have so many moments of joy and learning from her. She is who I would like to be as I age, Please pray for my friend, I still have so much to learn from her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been crying for 2 weeks! I am so sad that she has to suffer through this. I know she will bring many to Christ through her suffering, I just wish she didn't have to suffer.

-Karrie