Friday, August 15, 2008

Living Life and the Blog

I had a great conversation last night with a fellow blogger about the state of our sad little endeavors. We have come to the conclusion, that it is hard to blog about life, when you are too busy living it. Hence the lack of recent additions to Simple Joys. I love writing, but much prefer living.

School is starting soon, and life will slow down. I've got 2 writing gigs this year, so I'll need to practice a few stylistic changes here. I'll, in theory, have time to sit and recollect my thoughts on life, family and and the world, but of course theories have to be proven.

For now I'm off to live life some more, but I'll write about it some day.

2 comments:

Nancy C. Brown said...

Congrats on the two writing gigs! That's wonderful.

Deb said...

Both are for Church, but I'm writing for adults this year, which is an improvement for me. I had to review coloring books last year. This year I get to write a review of an adult religious book and a column on the importance of good literature for moral formation of adults. I get to talk about Dickens, Ovid, Chaucer, and of course Chesterton. I might finish the year with a bit on Flannery O'Connor, who I'm still trying to absorb.