Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally a quiet Weekend.

This has been a busy summer! But, this weekend, I get to relax and celebrate my 11th Wedding anniversary. June 14, 1997, Christopher and I were married. It was a great day, and the past 11 years are only the beginning of a great life together.

When we were married, I was kind of sad that there are no regular feast days on June 14 (sometimes the Feast of the Sacred Heart coincides). About three years ago, I found out it is the anniversary of Chesterton's death. He is not a saint yet, and may never be, but what a great person to share an anniversary with!

We have no grand plans, just quiet, the kiddies are off to the home a friend for a couple days. We need that time to just talk, without the interruption of a little person, who has something very important to say, once in a while. It sounds selfish when I say it, but it does not happen often enough. We are also getting ready for our trip to Latrobe, PA, for a family reunion of sorts at St. Vincent Archabbey, where Chris's great-grandparents were married by his Uncle the Archabbot.

I have hopes of hitting the farmer's market this weekend, but I've been reminded, that it is not a very "anniversary" type thing to do. I do need to get fresh veggies for a nice quiet (there is that word again) picnic. Please pray for us, we have a great marriage, but can always use all the blessings and grace God can give!

No comments: