Thursday, February 28, 2008

Off to Youth 2000

I'm headed out tomorrow to chaperone a group of teens from my Parish to the Chicago Youth 2000. I've chaperoned 3 years now, but this year I do not know all of the kids I am bringing, so pray for me, please. I love Youth 2000. It is such a great experience for teens and young adults (I'm just outside of this age range). My dear find Br. Maximilian Mary,CFR, is coming in to MC, being the hometown boy. All the kids I am bringing have met him, which makes it really fun, he can joke with them, and tease me, it turns out, I act "motherly" now and am not as much fun as I was at 16, when we met. Go figure. The downside is I have to leave my kids with a friend, they are years from being old enough to go. My middle kid will get to go on Sunday to see Br. MM, who is his godfather. If Youth 2000 is in your area, check it out. I know several vocations and even more miracles that have come from it. Plus, it is a good way to see the beautiful diversity of people in the Catholic faith.

No comments: