Monday, June 24, 2019

Everything Old is New Again

The Feast of the Nativity of John the Baptist
This long dormant site is bound for rebirth. My continued disillusion with social media, and long hours of silent time at work have created a desire to write, even if no one ever reads the words I put down. So here we are once again.

However everything is different. When I began this, I was a frustrated young mother of 3, with a husband struggling to find stable work. I effectively ended writing when my world turned upside down, when my mother suddenly died and my dear friend took her life. My kids were little, I was depressed from essentially the birth of the second on.

A glimpse into life now. It got better, so so much better. My kids are older, 2 are adults, one is a lovely, tall teenage boy. I work full time now, doing what I love, and providing for my family. My husband still struggles, and our marriage, though far from perfect, has been 22 years of work. My life is more interesting, more fulfilling in ways I could not have imagined years ago, but, I am also preparing for the days to come when my home does not have my children living in it.

So here we are, in this moment, beginning again and attempting to say a few words, this blog will always focus on the same things, truth, beauty, family, justice, and life, but with wiser, older eyes than it had in its previous renditions. I hope you will join me on the journey.


No comments: