Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crawling out from under a rock

It's been a month since I blogged. No particular reason for the length of absence, life is just very busy this time of year. What with recitals, and communions and school projects, I nearly missed the flowers of spring.

I vowed 11 years ago to NEVER miss the beauty and majesty of spring. You see, I was stuck in the hospital pregnant with my eldest child. I went in March 13, when there was a foot of snow on the ground, and came home in Mid-May, but to total bed rest in my home. Dear daughter arrived June 5, after recovering from the traumas of surgery and lack of sleep, I saw the outdoors after spring had passed.

This year, I lamented that I missed the blooming of the trout lilies, the beautiful wildflower that carpets the woodland floor, due to my own busy life, however, I did manage to see one, as I realized my loss. Life is to beautiful to miss due to busy-ness. How often I spend time on things that lack beauty! Even the most mundane tasks of life can be filled with beauty, when done with great love, or with a little effort to see the hidden. 

No comments: