Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh, the Dilemma

Books are big in our house. This summer especially, we have been reading up a storm. This makes me very happy, less TV always makes the mama happy. But this Friday I have a dilemma, what to read? I'm 1/3 the way through The Man Who was Thursday, which I am completely enthralled with, but I have a ticket to the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows shin-dig at my local bookstore. Do I drop Thursday on Saturday for Harry, or do I wait until my niece spoils the ending for me because I'm still on Thursday?

HP is big news in my town. The entire Downtown area is transforming into the various locations in the HP books. My kids are super excited to have Butter Beer with their Chicago style pizza Friday night. The Library is staying open until Midnight. This is more than just a book here, it is an event. In a town of 130, 000, most kids have read the books, and this is the kid-friendliest town in the US.

Thursday is a great book, if I drop it now, I will probably not pick it up for a while, I have that bad habit. Maybe the key is to just read faster!

I'll have to ponder this in the woods. We are off to catch frogs and see muskrats, which are far cuter than I would have thought.

No comments: